NYC Postpartum Doula Services
My goal within the first weeks of postpartum is to build confidence in the family through training and assistance around the home. My attention is placed on the mother's physical and emotional recovery as well as working with the parents to teach baby care with a special focus on breastfeeding. I have experience with twins as well as second time parents. There is a minimum booking of 15 hours and with visits lasting at least 3 hours.
My postpartum services are offered in New YOrk City and include:
- Assistance with post birth recovery whether vaginal or cesarean
- Focus on the the mother's physical and emotional well being
- Connecting the mother to local parent's groups, classes, community etc.
- Assistance with breastfeeding, pumping, and bottle feeding
- Assistance with infant care including diapering, bathing, soothing techniques and umbilical cord care
- Aid in finding a nanny, pediatrician, day care etc.
- Teaching babywearing
- Help around the house including baby laundry and tidying up
- Doing the groceries and healthy meal preparation
- Running errands, putting together baby's essentials
"You already know how to grow a baby, how to give birth to a baby and how to nourish and nurture a baby." ~Penny Simkin